Jiselle Dqf

| map-marker Waukesha, Wisconsin

Salesman, steered me in the wrong direction and sold me wrong product

Updated by user Mar 16, 2024

Absolutely not, I will never set foot I. That store again.

Original review Mar 15, 2024
I was in need of a lithium battery charger. The sales clerk sold me a battery maintainer!

I had the battery with me. Takes over 24 hours to charge my 20 AH lithium. I need it the next morning for fishing. Waste of money.
I went back today to exchange the .8AH maintainer for a larger 5AH charger.

The salesman said I am sorry it is a two week exchange policy. This was after I wanted to buy the bigger charger. When he stated I could not return the MAINTAINER, I refused to buy the larger CHARGER.
I went to a local store and they not only advised me that I had a maintainer not a charger but they sold me the same larger charger for 30-40$ less and they then gave me $10 off that price for the troubles your company gave me.
Next - I was in Green Bay WI two days ago fishing and I had a failed start battery for my boat. I went to your store to buy a battery and it was $134.

I asked if the store had a wire brush for the terminals. the manager stated I could buy a kit for $20.
The young clerk actually gave me a socket and wire brush to use.

This was customer service not trying to sell more stuff to someone who just dropped $134+.
I will never be back to your store again. maybe you should train personnel better when it comes to what the customer actually needs.

User's recommendation: WALK AWAY, AVOID AT ALL COST. I will go without before I go here again

Mary A Gvf

| map-marker Eugene, Oregon

Being Charged a FEE to recycle, not told when called

I have had questionable transactions prior with Batteries Plus, but this one took the damn cake. I spent close to 10 minutes on the phone with "someone" at the store, asking about recycling batteries which we had done PRIOR there for FREE.

There was no discussion about a fee for bringing in the batteries, nor any other fee charge for bringing in alkaline batteries. I drove via freeway about 15 miles to get specifically to Batteries Plus to recycle said batteries. I was told AT THE DOOR that if I didn't want to pay a fee to recycle the batteries, I could simply leave, which is barring entry to business. We called them afterword making sure we understood why the fee, and was told; "We have to pay to move the batteries out of state for recycling, and in some cases (not ours) there is no fee charged." What?

Why would I as a disabled person have to pay a fee I was not told prior to arrival, having to take extraordinary effort to get to their location. I do not live in the area, I was not just "out there shopping" and I certainly should have been warned by PHONE when I called that a fee is now required. I guess If I had a Gucci purse, I might have gotten my fee waved. Too bad for me that I don't put on airs to get my recycling done!

Just a warning.

I should have been told BY PHONE when I called that there would be a processing fee. That simply wasn't done, but I was charged to dump my batteries.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Policies they do not disclose

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: find an alternative battery drop, just don't do it here unless you are willing to pay a fee for services.g to pay per pound to have them

Guest

Something is wrong with you if you self-admittedly WEREN’T out shopping and drove 30 miles round trip to turn batteries in.

Resolved
Endya Ppt

| map-marker Elkhart, Indiana

Resolved: Customer complaint

No one called like they said, no management skills, they are liars and don't do there job well at al

User's recommendation: Don't go there

Victoria B Sql
map-marker Grand Chute, Wisconsin

Horrible experience

We would NOT recommend going to this business for anything. They told us they had to order our new car Fob which they lost and when they finally found it 2 weeks later; We verified on the phone that they would program it because we lived 1hour away. Once we got there at the day and time they agreed to they refused to program it for us so we had to get our money back. They made lots of excuses why they would not program it for us at the time we agreed to be there and even blamed us. It even smelled like marijuana in the store. It was a huge waste of time and money!
Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Incompetent service
  • Horrible customer service
  • Disorganized

Preferred solution: They were horrible. I don’t want them to do anything.

User's recommendation: DON’T shop there!

Bob S Uyp

| map-marker Minneapolis, Minnesota

ATV battery purchased May 2023 fails 25 days past warrantee

After my local store (West St Paul) attempted to "bring back " my ATV battery and was deemed unrecoverable. My plea to the store rep that it was only 25 days over warrantee fell on mute ears.

I then asked about a discount on a new battery she stated that she could give me 10% off a new one. Your web site is currently offering 10% to anyone who orders on line and picks up at a store. I asked her if she would give me the everybody 10 plus a 25 day failure 10 bringing the discount to 20% .

she smiled and said " nope I cant do that " Seems that for approximately $7 she is unwilling to save a customer. Sound like a decision you stand behind ?

map-marker Lawrenceville, Georgia

Disappointed beyond belief

Bought 10 SLA group31 batteries for my boat. After one year of use they all turned out to be crap. They dont hold a charge well. Their quality is very questionable. Because of the number of batteries I bought, I expected them to be of premium quality. NO they are not. Despite some good reviews online I have found them to be poor quality. A lot of work to install but NEVER thought they would last less than 2-3 years. Save yourself grief. Buy other brands, theirs suck Dont believe me ? your choice but I will never buy them again.

User's recommendation: Buy anywhere else

Bob G Pvf

Verified Reviewer

Purchased an X2 battery for my pickup 2 years ago. It was supposed to have a 5 year warranty. At 1 year, the battery failed. BatteryPlus replaced it under warranty. That also failed at 1 year. Batteri

At 1 year, the battery failed. BatteryPlus replaced it under warranty. That also failed at 1 year. Batteries Plus says that they fulfilled the warranty but now instead of having a battery for 5 year, mine only lasted 2 year total for the original and a replacement.

So I feel like I paid the higher price for a 5 year battery but got a 2 year battery. I feel like they own me for 3 year.

I tried to post this on their website but they only post the 5 and 4 star reviews. My suggestion is don't buy batteries at BatteriesPlus.

They don't stand behind their products. Personally, I won't buy anything from them.

Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Poor service and poor warranty

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't buy X2 Batteries

Jeff S Yne

| map-marker Layton, Utah

Watch broken during 1st time battery replacement.

Experienced some exceptionally poor customer service by the manager of the Layton, Utah Batteries+ store. Expensive watch was broken during 1st time battery install. After 6 months of stall tactics and redirection, the manager decided that his store wasnt responsible for any of the $120 repair cost. One pleasant aspect...the salespeople and I became very familiar with each other over the 6 months, and they were very empathetic to my situation, but unfortunately unable to authorize any corrective remedy.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Typically a good deal on lifetime watch battery replacement
Cons:
  • Recent terrible customer service issue

Preferred solution: cover the watch repair cost.

User's recommendation: Beware of poor customer service and runaround by this store manager

Shadeed Ypd
map-marker Woodway, Texas

Washed my IPhone in the washing machine!

I explained what I did and they looked at it and explained what the could do and the price. When I took it in it was dead. After the explanation I said do it. That was at 2:30 pm. I called at 5:30 and they said come in at 6:00. It was a miracle. The crew saved contacts, photos and business accounts. Im extremely happy and satisfied. I have shopped there many times and receive the same professional work! Thank you To all the crew.

User's recommendation: Keep coming back

Stephen T Igd

| map-marker Plano, Texas

Bad service

Sales man was obviously unhappy I was there. When I was checking out I made the comment that "I don,t even know the pin for that card anymore" his response was "if you can read it will tell you how to skip that". I can read and I will use that skill to find another place to buy batteries.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: DO NOT GO TO BATTERIES PLUS

Robert J Rzn

| map-marker New York, New York

Tried to cancel a rebate

Waited patiently for a rebate. After it was way over due I looked for an email or phone number to reach out to them.

It was not easy to find. After 3 emails with no response I called the store. They told me to check the rebate center on the website. There I read my rebate was mailed a.month ago.

Thought maybe I lost it. Decided to continue instead of giving up. Finally found a phone number that reached someone. They said the check was cancelled for some reason and she will look into it and call back.

She called back pretty fast and left a message that the check was remained yesterday. It has been. 3 days.

We will see. Hopeful

User's recommendation: I hate relates and try to avoid them

Ja L Kyb
map-marker Roanoke, Virginia

Defective Duracell Motorcycle Battery (sold as new)

I am a motorcycle owner. I very recently purchased a brand new Duracell battery from the Warminster Batteries Plus store.

After two weeks of issues and problems caused by the "allegedly new" battery installation, we took the bike to our motorcycle professional who ran some tests on the battery (which I video-taped) and confirmed the "new" battery was dead and non-functioning. The Batteries Plus store owner, Art was rude and could not have cared any less, telling me "I will bet you any amount of money the battery works." Our motorcycle professional believes Art either was not truthful or does not know what he is talking about as their recent experience evidence this is as a somewhat frequent occurrence of late, with the Duracell batteries. After a lot of arm twisting and acrimony with Art, he finally agreed (as though he was doing us some sort of favor) to refund us the money for the non-functional "new" battery we purchased. We requested that he pay our other minor costs associated with the two plus weeks of effort trying to diagnose the problem (never thinking it was the new battery causing all of the issues) and the costs to install an "actual, new" battery.

Batteries Plus (CEO, Scott Williams) and Art flat out ignored our request, could not have been ruder and was arrogant and accusatory. Do NOT buy Batteries and products from Batteries Plus.

They sell defective products, "new" products that are not "new" and don't give a hoot about customers or customer service. Awful experience, just awful.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Repayment of my costs resulting from their defective battery.

User's recommendation: Do NOT BUY products from Batteries Plus (you'll thank me)

John F Mwb

| map-marker Centerville, Georgia

Poor treatment at your Centerville Ga location

I went in the store to have a watch battery replaced, A employee came out of the back, she was alone in the store. I ask her if she could change the battery in my watch, she said yes no problem.

She took the watch to the back, after a too long a wait a man came in the back door, it appeared that he then tried to assist he with my watch, after a few minutes I ask if everything was ok, I was assured that it was. It was obvious they did not have everything under control, I told them that I was getting uncomfortable and just give me my watch back and I would take it somewhere else. I was told 3 minutes. After 10 minutes I voiced my concerns.

Several minutes later the man came out with my watch in pieces and then told me to never come back, I told him I would not, he then said that I would not be missed. I manage a local firearms store, I have sent tens if not hundreds of customers to your location for batteries for there lights and optics. I will never do this again. There are other battery stores close by.

I guess I may be missed after all. By the way he gave me my watch in pieces, it is now broken. All it needed was a battery now it is useless.My watch is not replaceable as it was a gift from my late father. This type of customer service I have never been treated like this before.

I know nothing will be done about this. I just thought someone should know why sales are down at this location

John RS Fortenberry

Loss:
Cons:
  • Flat out lied

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Don’t go

map-marker Jersey City, New Jersey

Screen repair refund

Not contact back 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
walter p Dyj
map-marker Littleton, Colorado

Key fob battery replacement

Store at Wadsworth and Cross, Littleton, CO. Exchange was as follows: me: can you change the battery in my fob? Clerk: yes. It's a flat fee of $23.95, guaranteed for life Me: are there any other options Clerk: no Me: can i buy the battery and install it myself? Clerk: sure, do you know what battery you need? me: no, do you? clerk: no Me: I'll have it replaced somewhere else Clerk: Good luck I found the battery I needed in less than a minute online and can purchase it for $4.99 at Walmart. Installing it will take 3 minutes. Battery Plus: my convenience isn't worth your $19 upcharge.

User's recommendation: Be aware.

map-marker Garner, North Carolina

Complaint

came into your store # 172 **** S. Wilmington St Raleigh, NC 27603 on 4/28/22 and was assisted by Paul.

regarding replacing charge port for a iPhone 7, and was informed that it can be replace but will take 2-3 hours which I was ok with.

Ran some errands around the area and returned and 1Phone 7 was still being worked on. During the process in replace the charge port my screen was cracked and the service took 3 1/2 hours which in return my home button wasn't working any longer the the Manger Ryan had to download a home button. I call the store today 5/5/22 and spoke with Ryan and asked if the battery from the iPhone that was working on 4/28/22 can be transferred to another iPhone 7 and said yes, so I informed him that I would be by within an hour, call to him was at 2:46pm , I arrived around 3:30ish and Ryan worked on my phone which once again cracked my screen, replaced it then was the phone was put together I noticed that my home button wasn't working, so I informed him and he just starting talking aggressive with verbal tone, for me to go sit down some where so he can work on the phone correctly and for me to never come back into this store again, Him talking out loud that he should have never taken my phone in for replace. Once he was done preparing my phone correctly, I thank him for his service and also informed him that if this is something he wasn't able to do than you should have said so and do not have to right to speak to any customers in that tone, It's unprofessional .

There was a young lady working as well I then ask for corporates contact number.

Called at 4:27pm while in the store parking lot and spoke with Teresa and explained my situation with Ryan and informed me the David the District Manger will be contacted and requested my contact number. Ticket number # 193**** for compliant

Brands Related to Batteries Plus

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article